Pre-Requisites & Registration
Those applying for the SCMP Designation Program must satisfy the following entry requirements:
- Membership in Supply Chain Canada; and
- Language Proficiency: Where neither English nor French is the applicant’s native language, Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) proficiency of level 6 or higher must be demonstrated; and
- Academic Credentials: A degree or diploma in a business-related field from a recognized Canadian post-secondary institution (or proof of an international equivalency); or
- Experience: A minimum of 5 years of work or military experience in supply chain management.
Individuals who have successfully completed a degree or diploma program in a business-related function at a Canadian university, college or technical institute will have met the admission requirements.
Others will have to obtain business management knowledge through post-secondary courses or Supply Chain Canada educational offerings in the following areas:
- Introduction to Business
- Business Communication
- Organizational Behavior
Please contact your Supply Chain Canada institute for more details including a list of courses from your province’s post-secondary institutions that qualify for the academic prerequisite.
If you have acquired some supply chain management content knowledge in a full-time Canadian post-secondary degree program (or the foreign equivalent), you may apply for advanced standing.
Candidates who have 10 years’ relevant work experience with a 5-year minimum at the mid-career level or higher may apply their work experience towards exemption from the academic requirements.
Candidates applying for entry based on work experience must provide all of the following:
- Employment confirmation and/or employer reference letter
- Detailed position descriptions
- Current resume
- An organizational chart to illustrate function level and position
In order to obtain their SCMP, candidates will be required to meet the progressive practical experience requirement that accompanies the knowledge gained while pursuing accreditation. This must be full-time and it must demonstrate progressive competence in successfully performing job functions that increase in both scope and responsibility.
Only program candidates who satisfy the following practical/professional experience requirement shall be considered eligible for professional accreditation:
- Minimum of 3 years of progressive practical experience completed in the any field of supply chain management (core and supporting), of which:
- at least 6 months must be in a supervisory/managerial capacity no more than 1 year of related practical experience gained prior to enrollment
- Career progression advancement through horizontal or vertical movement within/across enterprises.
For more information about pre-requisites and registration requirements, please see the links below.
The SCMP Designation Program is delivered through the Provincial and Territorial Institutes of Supply Chain Canada.
Candidates can choose from two different option for the Modules: instructor-led classes or SCMP Online. Membership in Supply Chain Canada is mandatory for enrolment. Click here to visit our Membership page.
Supply Chain Canada offers its Supply Chain Management Professional (SCMP) designation and Supply Management Training (SMT) courses and seminars in online formats for international members.
Individuals who reside where Supply Chain Canada Programs are not offered by any of our affiliated partners should contact Supply Chain Canada directly to arrange for individual access to the Programs.
For SCMP Candidates looking for upcoming course offerings, browse our Events Calendar by clicking the link below. Under the ‘TYPE’ dropdown, choose either ‘SCMP MODULE’ or ‘SCMP WORKSHOP’.
REGISTER FOR COURSES