Supply Chain Canada recognizes the importance of privacy. The purpose of this Privacy Statement is to inform you about the types of personal information we collect, use and disclose. It explains the choices you have regarding such use and disclosure, and how you may access and correct that information.
WHAT THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT COVERS
This Privacy Statement covers the following topics :
- Personal Information We Collect
- How We Use Your Personal Information
- How We Share Your Personal Information
- Your Consent and Withdrawal of Consent to Collection, Use and Disclosure
- Opting Out of Marketing Communications
- Retention of Personal Information, International Transfer and Storage
- Information Security
- Accessing and Updating Your Personal Information
- Third-Party Websites and Services
- Changes to this Privacy Statement
- How to Contact Us
Personal Information We Collect
“Personal information” means information about an identifiable individual as described under Canadian privacy laws. Generally, personal information does not include any business contact information that is solely used to communicate with you in relation to your employment, business or profession.
We may collect, use, and disclose different kinds of personal information, depending on our relationship with you. Generally, the types of personal information we may collect can be grouped into the following categories – and not all of these categories may apply to you:
- Identity information, such as your first name, surname, salutation, company, title, and preferred language.
- Contact information/address, such as e-mail address, telephone numbers, and mailing address.
- Membership information, such as your membership ID, student ID, membership type, membership status and your membership in a Supply Chain Canada Institute.
- Professional information, such as your professional designations, and your employer’s information.
- Education information, such as your participation in education and training activities, and your performance on any exams.
- Event participation information, such as your enrollment and attendance at our events.
- Your preferences in receiving marketing and communications from us and our third parties.
- Technical and usage information when you use our websites, including internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access our websites.
We also collect, use and share aggregated and anonymized data, such as statistical or demographic data for any purpose. Aggregated and anonymized data is not considered personal information as it does not reveal your identity.
How We Use Your Information
We generally use your personal information for the following purposes:
- administering your membership in Supply Chain Canada;
- providing you with member benefits and services;
- administering your registration and attendance at education and event offerings;
- completing your transactions with us, including processing any payments;
- communicating with you about your membership or to ensure member satisfaction;
- advising you of products or services that may be of interest to you;
- sending you electronic newsletters that may be of interest to you or to which you have subscribed, and to better understand which articles are of interest to you;
- responding to inquiries you submit;
- improving the quality of benefits and services we offer to existing and potential members;
- conducting research and analytics for purposes that include but are not limited to better understanding our stakeholders, allowing our stakeholders to provide feedback on our activities, and producing data analytics and statistical reports;
- protecting against fraud and error;
- administering your use of our technology or applications;
- if you apply for employment with us, to process your application for employment;
- to investigate legal claims;
- to enforce the terms of the agreements for our products and services;
- to protect our rights, operations or property, and to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain;
- for such other purposes as you may consent from time to time; and
- other purposes required or permitted by law.
How We Share Your Personal Information
We generally identify to whom, and for what purposes, we disclose your personal information, at the time we collect such information from you and obtain your consent to such disclosure.
Additionally, we may disclose your information when we believe such use or disclosure is permitted, necessary or appropriate:
- to investigate legal claims;
- to enforce the terms of the agreements for our products and services;
- to protect our rights, operations or property;
- to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain; and
- as otherwise required or permitted by law.
In addition, we may transfer your personal information and other information to a third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, brands, affiliates, subsidiaries or other assets, or other business transaction.
We may also transfer your personal information to service providers that are assisting us with purposes that are outlined in this Privacy Statement. We ensure that those service providers are subject to appropriate privacy standards and are required to comply with applicable privacy laws.
Your Consent and Withdrawal of Consent to Collection, Use and Disclosure
We generally obtain your consent prior to collecting, and in any case, prior to using or disclosing your personal information for any purpose. You may provide your consent to us either orally, electronically or in writing. The form of consent that we seek, including whether it is express or implied, will largely depend on the sensitivity of the personal information and the reasonable expectations you might have in the circumstances.
Where feasible or required by applicable law, we will generally accommodate requests to withdraw consent – subject to legal or contractual restrictions. However, this may mean that you are no longer eligible for certain benefits or services, or to participate in certain programs – or may otherwise limit our ability to fully meet your needs.
If you wish to withdraw your consent to our collection, use or disclosure of your personal information, please contact us using the contact information in the “How to Contact Us” section below. In some cases, withdrawal of your consent may mean that we will no longer be able to provide certain benefits or services to you.
Opting Out of Marketing Communications
If you no longer want to receive marketing-related e-mails from us, you may opt-out of receiving marketing-related e-mails by clicking the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of any e-mail you receive from us. You may also opt-out by contacting us directly using the contact information in the “How to Contact Us” section below.
We will endeavour to promptly respond to your opt-out request, but we ask that you please allow us a reasonable time to process your request. Please note that if you opt-out from receiving marketing-related e-mails, we may still need to send you communications about your use of our products or services, or other matters.
Retention of Personal Information, International Transfers
We will retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which that personal information was collected and as permitted or required by law.
In addition, and unless prohibited by law, we may send personal information outside of Canada (such as in the EU) for authorized purposes, including for process and storage by service providers. While your personal information is outside of Canada, it is subject to the laws of the country in which it is located -- which may have different data protection laws than Canada. Those laws may require disclosure of your personal information to authorities in that country. For more information about our policies and practices regarding service providers outside of Canada, contact our Privacy Officer using at the contact information in the “How to Contact Us” section below.
We have implemented physical, organizational, contractual and technological security measures in an effort to protect your personal information from loss or theft, unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. For example:
- we restrict access to your personal information to those employees or agents who need access for authorized purposes;
- electronic data is protected by technological means, such as firewalls, access controls, security protocols, and encryption; and
- we sensitize our employees and agents to the importance of safeguarding personal information.
Like most companies, we cannot guarantee that our safeguards will always be effective. A breach of security safeguards can result in such risks as phishing and identity theft. In such cases, we act promptly to mitigate the risks and to inform you where there is a real risk of significant harm, or as otherwise required by law.
We may also require you to assist us to safeguard your personal information. For instance, if you use our website, you should use unique and strong passwords, not share your passwords with others.
If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of any information that you provided to us has been compromised), please contact us immediately using the contact information in the “How to Contact Us” section below.
Accessing and Updating Your Personal Information
We expect you, from time to time, to supply us with updates to your personal information, when required. We will not routinely update your personal information, unless such a process is necessary.
You may make a written request to review any personal information about you that we have collected, used or disclosed, and we will provide you with any such personal information to the extent required by applicable laws.
You may also challenge the accuracy or completeness of your personal information in our records. If you successfully demonstrate that your personal information in our records is inaccurate or incomplete, we will amend the personal information as required. Where appropriate, we will transmit the amended information to third parties having access to your personal information. If we are handling your personal information on behalf of a customer, we may refer your correction request to that customer.
We may require that you provide sufficient identification to fulfill your request to access or correct your personal information. Any such identifying information will be used only for this purpose.
We will not charge any costs for you to access your personal information in our records without first providing you with an estimate of the approximate costs, if any.
You may have the right to make a complaint to the Privacy Commissioner of Canada or applicable provincial privacy commissioner if you object to how we have handled your request.
Third-Party Websites and Services
We may provide links to third-party websites for your convenience and information. We may also make opportunities available to you to purchase, subscribe to, or use other products and online services from third parties with different privacy practices, and those other products and online services are governed by their respective privacy statements and policies. This Privacy Statement does not extend to any websites or products or services provided by third parties. We do not assume responsibility for the privacy practices of such third parties, and we encourage you to review all third-party privacy policies prior to using third-party websites, products or services.
Changes to Privacy Statement
From time to time, we may make changes to this Privacy Statement. When changes are made to this Privacy Statement, they will become immediately effective when published in a revised Privacy Statement posted on our website unless otherwise noted. We may also communicate the changes to this Privacy Statement through our services or by other means. The Privacy Statement was last revised as of the date that appears at the top of this page.
How to Contact Us
All comments, questions, concerns or complaints regarding your personal information or our privacy practices, or to make an access or correction request, should be forwarded to our Privacy Officer as follows:
Address: Attn: Privacy Officer
Supply Chain Canada
RPO Queen Carlaw
970 Queen Street East, PO Box 98088
Toronto ON M4M 3L9
Supply Chain Canada By e-mail: email@example.com
Last revised: 2022