Interactive Workshop 6: Ethical Behaviour and Social Responsibility
Virtual, instructor led
*NEW* When you click 'REGISTER', you will be asked to provide contact details and your province of residence. For international Candidates, please select 'International' as your province. You will then receive an email from your selected provincial institute with the registration and payment link.
The primary goal of this workshop is to create awareness and advance knowledge about challenges in business ethics and supply chain responsibility. Through readings, discussions, mini-cases and exercises, candidates will learn about a broad range of social responsibility factors, such as environmental concerns and "fair trade". We will also discuss social procurement policies and practices. The candidates will also be made aware of the means to quantify values to make the business case for going beyond being green.
Upon completion of this workshop candidates should be able to:
- Define "business ethics" and describe different perspectives on ethics
- Critique an organizational code of ethics and/or statement of ethics
- Discuss the various effects on social values and corporate ethical conduct
- Explain the importance of environmental social governance in business
- Understand the total cost of ownership on decisions
- Identify opportunities for their organizations in the circular economy
- Appreciate the value of having diversity in their supply chains
- Explain how social procurement is growing as a strategy in organizations
- Work with social enterprises as a key source of goods and services
- Provide insights on how to affect social and economic development in their communities
What if I have to cancel my registration?
Please review the cancellation policy included within the registration and payment link.
What is virtual instructor led?
Instructor led is delivered via Zoom with an instructor. This format is designed for those looking for an interactive learning experience and to network with other Candidates.
This two-day, interactive workshop is a mandatory component of the SCMP National Designation program. Some exceptions apply for those with RPL related exemptions.
This workshop is also open to anyone seeking professional development in leadership. For SCMPs, this workshop is 10 CPD points.
PARTNER WITH US
Thank you for interest!