SMT - Accounting and Finance Seminar
Zoom Virtual Platform
**Early-Bird Pricing Ends August 15, 2022**
This instructor led workshop will take place virtually via Zoom
Please note, this course is being offered in Atlantic Time (AT)
October 12 - October 14, 12:30-5:30pm
This seminar provides a comprehensive overview of how finance impacts supply management. Basic terminology used in finance and accounting are defined. Participants learn how to read financial statements and understand how decisions are taken. They will be introduced to using key ratios to interpret financial information. The principles of accounting and budgeting will be presented. Participants will gain an understanding of how supply management practitioners make a business case for an investment and evaluate investment opportunities.
SCMP SMT Instructor
Upon completion of this seminar, participants should be able to:
- Describe the content that is found in the major sections of each of the statements.
- Assemble appropriate accounts to create a simple Income Statement and Balance
- Sheet for a business.
- Use examples to illustrate the concept of liquidity and be able to describe the
- relationship of The Cash Flow Statement to the other three statements.
- Relate financial, investing and operating decisions to financial statements.
- Have a general understanding of the accounting process.
- Use basic accounting terms correctly.
- Trace the flow of accounting information from the Income Statement through the Statement of Retained Earnings and into the Balance Sheet.
Payment Cancellation Policy
You are eligible for a refund minus an administration fee of $50.00 plus tax for cancellation/withdrawal requests received in writing 2 weeks prior to workshop start date. After 2 weeks, refunds will not be granted. Substitutions and transfer of registrations is permissible when received in writing three business days before the workshop start date. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for details regarding eligibility to transfer/substitute.
If you would like to withdraw from a workshop, please send an email to us at email@example.com to inform of your intent as soon as possible. Clearly state your intention to withdraw and provide authorization for us to proceed.
Cancellation - Rescheduling
In the event of a workshop being cancelled or rescheduled, prior notification will be given to registrants by phone or e-mail, with the option of a full refund of registration fees or transfer of registration to another Supply Chain Canada, Nova Scotia Institute offering.