Interactive Workshop 5: Risk Management
*NEW* When you click 'REGISTER', you will be asked to provide contact details and your province of residence. For international Candidates, please select 'International' as your province. You will then receive an email from your selected provincial institute with the registration and payment link.
This is a two-day workshop that runs from 7:00am to 3:00pm Central Time.
This workshop focuses on the issues in risk identification, mitigation and management, using appropriate tools to determine a course of action for the company. Various tools will be discussed and candidates will have an opportunity to use these tools in their own companies.
Upon completion of this workshop candidates should be able to:
- Critique your organization's preparedness for risk management
- Select appropriate applications for identifying, quantifying and mitigating risk
- Differentiate between the four strategies of dealing with risk, including acceptance, avoidance, mitigation and transference and know when to apply each
- Develop risk management preparedness strategies
- Describe critical steps and roles in the risk management process
What is the asynchronous learning?
Asynchronous learning is a form of online, self-study and is designed for those who prefer to work at their own pace, while meeting submission deadlines as defined in the course overview. Learners will not have live, scheduled meetings or classes, but will participate via our learning management system, Brightspace (D2L), where information, ideas and learning experiences can be shared. Learners will also have access to an instructor.
What is synchronous learning?
Synchronous learning, previously known at Supply Chain Canada as virtual, instructor led. Learners will have live, scheduled classes via Zoom with the instructor and fellow classmates. This format is designed for those looking for an interactive learning experience, and to network with other participants. For SMT courses and SCMP modules: Learners will have readings and assignments to complete outside of class time that will facilitate the weekly class discussion. Participants are expected to remain up to date with the deadlines provided. Please NOTE the time zone in which you register for synchronous courses. For SMT seminars and SCMP workshops: Learners may have readings and assignments to complete ahead of the start dates that will facilitate the multi-day class discussion. Participants are expected to remain up to date with the deadlines provided. Please NOTE the time zone in which you register for synchronous courses. Please NOTE the time zone when you register for this format as there are multiple options.
What if I have to cancel my registration?
Please review the cancellation policy included within the registration and payment link.
How will I access my course materials?
All learning materials will be accessed via your Supply Chain Canada (member) portal.
- This two-day, interactive workshop is a mandatory component of the SCMP National Designation program. Some exceptions apply for those with RPL related exemptions.
- This workshop is also open to anyone seeking professional development in leadership. For SCMPs, this workshop is 10 CPD points.
PARTNER WITH US
Thank you for interest!