Interactive workshop 6: Ethical Behaviour and Social Responsibility
*NEW* When you click 'REGISTER', you will be asked to provide contact details and your province of residence. For international Candidates, please select 'International' as your province. You will then receive an email from your selected provincial institute with the registration and payment link.
This is a two-day workshop that runs from 8:00am to 4:00pm Central Time.
The primary goal of this workshop is to create awareness and advance knowledge about challenges in business ethics and supply chain responsibility. Through readings, discussions, mini-cases and exercises, candidates will learn about a broad range of social responsibility factors, such as environmental concerns and "fair trade". We will also discuss social procurement policies and practices. The candidates will also be made aware of the means to quantify values to make the business case for going beyond being green.
Upon completion of this workshop candidates should be able to:
- Define "business ethics" and describe different perspectives on ethics
- Critique an organizational code of ethics and/or statement of ethics
- Discuss the various effects on social values and corporate ethical conduct
- Explain the importance of environmental social governance in business
- Understand the total cost of ownership on decisions
- Identify opportunities for their organizations in the circular economy
- Appreciate the value of having diversity in their supply chains
- Explain how social procurement is growing as a strategy in organizations
- Work with social enterprises as a key source of goods and services
- Provide insights on how to affect social and economic development in their communities
What is the asynchronous learning?
Asynchronous learning is a form of online, self-study and is designed for those who prefer to work at their own pace, while meeting submission deadlines as defined in the course overview. Learners will not have live, scheduled meetings or classes, but will participate via our learning management system, Brightspace (D2L), where information, ideas and learning experiences can be shared. Learners will also have access to an instructor.
What is synchronous learning?
Synchronous learning, previously known at Supply Chain Canada as virtual, instructor led. Learners will have live, scheduled classes via Zoom with the instructor and fellow classmates. This format is designed for those looking for an interactive learning experience, and to network with other participants. Learners may have readings and assignments to complete ahead of the start dates that will facilitate the multi-day class discussion. Participants are expected to remain up to date with the deadlines provided. Please NOTE the time zone in which you register for synchronous courses. Please NOTE the time zone when you register for this format as there are multiple options.
What if I have to cancel my registration?
Please review the cancellation policy included within the registration and payment link.
How will I access my course materials?
All learning materials will be accessed via your Supply Chain Canada (member) portal.
This two-day, interactive workshop is a mandatory component of the SCMP National Designation program. Some exceptions apply for those with RPL related exemptions.
This workshop is also open to anyone seeking professional development in leadership. For SCMPs, this workshop is 10 CPD points.
PARTNER WITH US
Thank you for interest!