Call for Nominations for 2021-2023 Supply Chain Canada, Ontario Institute Board of Directors
Supply Chain Canada, Ontario Institute and the supply chain industry are undergoing tremendous change and we are looking for leaders who can help contribute to our organization and who can assist with building the future of supply chain in Canada.
A position on the Board of Directors for Supply Chain Canada, Ontario Institute offers individuals an opportunity to contribute to the Association’s mission and vision and to advance the supply chain management profession in Ontario.
Supply Chain Canada, Ontario Institute is now accepting nominations to fill four Director seats on the Board of Directors for 2021 - 2023.
Once again this year, the Board has elected to not put a call out for Advisors. Instead, they have elected to reserve this role and utilize the option of appointing Advisors based on the future strategic needs of the organization at a given point in time.
Please note that only one incumbent director will apply to be renewed on the board for an additional two-year term.
The deadline for applications is Friday, November 5, 2021.
For any questions, please email Heather Terrence at email@example.com.
Board Member Nomination Criteria and Expectations
The Ontario Institute Board is comprised of a team of individuals who possess the skills, qualities and experience to collectively contribute to effective board governance. The potential candidate profile will include many or all of the desirable characteristics and/or attributes below:
Skills and Attributes being sought include the following:
- Strong financial acumen/CPA designation will be given a priority;
- Senior supply chain management leadership experience;
- Board/management experience;
- Policy governance experience;
- Change management/organizational transformation experience;
- Strategic planning, financial management and marketing/public relations/branding experience; and
- Demonstrated support of the Association’s mission, vision and values, strategic direction and organizational goals.
Expectations of our Board Members include:
- Compliance with the SCMA Code of Ethics and the Board/Committee Code of Conduct, including adherence to conflict-of-interest policies.
- Ability and willingness, if elected, to:
- function as part of a team, contributing reasoned opinion and supporting decisions reached by the Board;
- commit the time towards Board, committee/task force/work group responsibilities, attend Association events, and represent the Association as requested/required; and
- if called upon, serve for up to three consecutive terms, with the potential to assume the role of Board Chair.
Board Member Terms are for two (2) years to a maximum of three (3) terms for a total of six (6) years.
- Week of September 22, 2021 - Call for Nominations is sent to Members
- Friday, November 5, 2021 Deadline for submissions
- November 2021 - Candidates shortlisted and interviewed by the Nominations Committee
- December 10, 2021 - Slate of Directors to be approved by the Board of Directors
- December 14, 2021 - Notice of Special Meeting of Members including Slate of Directors sent to Members
- January 13, 2022 - Special Meeting of Members held for Board elections
The number of Directors shall be no less than four (4) and no more than seven (7), of which at least four (4) and no more than six (6) Directors shall be Members and no more than two (2) Directors may be Non-Members.
The deadline to apply is Friday, November 5, 2021. Upon review of all valid nominations received, the Governance and Nominations Committee will recommend a slate of nominees to the Association’s Board for confirmation.
Notification of the slate of nominees will be provided at least thirty (30) days prior to the Special General Meeting. Additional nominations supported by the signed endorsement of fifteen (15) Members (designation holders) may be submitted in writing to the attention of the President and CEO c/o the Ontario Institute’s office no later than fifteen (15) days prior to the Special General Meeting.
The nominated individual(s) must meet eligibility requirements and consent to the nomination. Nominations from the floor shall not be permitted.
The election of Directors shall take place during the Special Meeting of Members to be held on January 13, 2022.
Do I need to be a member to apply to be on the Board of Directors?
Applicants are not required to be Supply Chain Canada members to apply to be on the Ontario Board of Directors; however, it is highly encouraged.
Do I need to reside in Ontario to apply?
Yes applicants must reside in Ontario to be eligible to apply.