Interactive Workshop 1: Leadership and Professionalism
Virtual, instructor led (Zoom)
*NEW* When you click 'REGISTER', you will be asked to provide contact details and your Province. You will then receive an email from your selected provincial institute with the registration and payment link. If you do not have a member number, please use ‘0’.
This workshop is delivered via Zoom, Thursday/Friday from 7:00am to 3:00pm Central, 8:00am to 4:00pm Eastern.
The goal of this workshop is to develop the abilities of SCMP candidates to become supply chain leaders and supply chain management professionals, i.e., to lead groups of people and to manage change.
This workshop focuses on the issues in leadership and professionalism, such as developing best practice leadership characteristics, becoming self-aware, creating a vision and a mission statement, and performing the steps toward effective leadership.
The Leadership and Professionalism workshop draws from the works of a variety of credible and well-respected "thought leaders" in the areas of leadership, management and human relations.
Upon completion of this workshop candidates should be able to:
- Apply the five best practices of leadership
- Identify the ways to adapt your behaviour to individuals to build effective relationships
- Critique your organization's vision and mission statements
- Select appropriate applications for each of the four leadership styles
- Differentiate between the continuity and discontinuity perspectives
- Develop ways to build a cohesive team
- Describe critical steps and roles in the change management process
- Determine the appropriate approach to handling conflict
- Create and present a leader profile
What is virtual instructor led?
This Instructor led interactive workshop is delivery virtually via Zoom. This format is designed for those looking for an interactive learning experience and to network with other Candidates. Please note the time zone when you register for this format as there are two options.
What if I have to cancel my registration?
Please review the cancellation policy included on the registration link.
How will I access my course materials?
All materials can be accessed via your Supply Chain Canada (member) portal.
This two-day, interactive workshop is a mandatory component of the SCMP National Designation program. Some exceptions apply for those with RPL related exemptions.
This workshop is also open to anyone seeking professional development in leadership. For SCMPs, this workshop is 10 CPD points.