Interactive Workshop 3 - Communication and Relational Skills
Virtual, instructor led
*NEW* When you click 'REGISTER', you will be asked to provide contact details and your province of residence. For international Candidates, please select 'International' as your province. You will then receive an email from your selected provincial institute with the registration and payment link. If you do not have a member number, please enter '00'.
This is a two-day workshop that runs Tuesday/Wednesday from 7:00am to 3:00pm Central, 8:00am to 4:00pm Eastern.
Supply chain leaders and supply chain management professionals lead groups of people and manage change. The objective of this workshop is to develop the oral and written communication skills of SCMP candidates to enable them to meet their professional goals.
Candidates will achieve learning in this workshop through the following activities:
- Readings and other pre-work activities
- Discussion question preparation
- Interactive lectures
- Facilitated discussions
- In-class presentations
- In-class exercises and activities
- Final written submissions
Upon completion of this module candidates should be able to:
- Understand the importance of effective and strategic communication as a supply chain manager
- Assess the communication strengths and weaknesses within their current working environment
- Understand the strengths and weaknesses of different media of communication both written (e.g., e-mail) and verbal (including formal presentations, meetings, one-on-ones, etc.)
- Develop skills to effectively create and use communication opportunities within and outside the organization
- Receive and process constructive feedback on current communication skills and provide such feedback to others
- Develop supply chain relationship-building skills
This two-day, interactive workshop is a mandatory component of both the SCMP National Designation program and the SMT Certificate program. Some exceptions apply for those with RPL related exemptions.
This workshop is also open to anyone seeking professional development in leadership. For SCMPs, this workshop is 10 CPD points.