SMT Seminar 1 - Accounting and Finance
*NEW* When you click 'REGISTER', you will be asked to provide contact details and your province of residence. For international Candidates, please select 'International' as your province. You will then receive an email from your selected provincial institute with the registration and payment link.
Synchronous via Zoom with one-time option:
9:00 am - 5:00 pm (Central Time)
The focus of this seminar is on practical accounting and financial skills. In order to understand the context for numerical analysis, some background and theory of business operations will be covered. This seminar is interactive and there are many opportunities to practice what is learned.
Upon completion of this seminar candidates should be able to:
- Describe the content that is found in the major sections of each of the statements
- Assemble appropriate accounts to create a simple Income Statement and Balance Sheet for a business. • Use examples to illustrate the concept of liquidity and be able to describe the relationship of the Cash Flow Statement to the other three statements
- Relate financial, investing and operating decisions to financial statements
- Have a general understanding of the bookkeeping, accounting and analysis processes. • Use basic accounting terms correctly
- Trace the flow of accounting information from the Income Statement through the Statement of Retained Earnings and into the Balance Sheet
What is the asynchronous learning?
Asynchronous learning is a form of online, self-study and is designed for those who prefer to work at their own pace, while meeting submission deadlines as defined in the course overview. Learners will not have live, scheduled meetings or classes, but will participate via our learning management system, Brightspace (D2L), where information, ideas and learning experiences can be shared. Learners will also have access to an instructor.
What is synchronous learning?
Synchronous learning, previously known at Supply Chain Canada as virtual, instructor led. Learners will have live, scheduled classes via Zoom with the instructor and fellow classmates. This format is designed for those looking for an interactive learning experience, and to network with other participants. Learners will have readings and assignments to complete outside of class time that will facilitate the weekly class discussion. Participants are expected to remain up to date with the deadlines provided. Please NOTE the time zone in which you register for synchronous courses.
What if I have to cancel my registration?
Please review the cancellation policy included within the registration and payment link.
How will I access my course materials?
All learning materials will be accessed via your Supply Chain Canada (member) portal.